- About Us
- Visit Nica
- How You Can Help
- News / Info
- Contact Us
A Nicaragua where villagers achieve a better quality of life particularly through improved health and easier access to clean water.
Improving the standard of living of poor people in Nicaragua through sustainable self-help water, sanitation, and reforestation projects.
We focus on providing clean drinking water, adequate sanitation, reforestation, and community health education to:
- Improve the quality of life of people and families in Nicaragua through lower incidences of water and sanitation related diseases and mortalities
- Improve the quality of life of women and children who carry water great distances, sometimes more than a mile, by helping them construct water projects closer to their homes
- Improve people's quality of life through basic human dignity
- Protect the water tables the water projects draw from
- Teach people about co-existing in harmony with their local environment and how to use existing resources sustainably
- Improve the quality of women and children's lives and health through the construction of improved stoves that use less firewood and remove hazardous smoke from the kitchens
- Ensure that Nicaraguans learn to care for the infrastructure and learn hygiene techniques that will keep them healthy