- About Us
- Visit Nicaragua
- What Can I Do?
- Contact Us
Share in the life and work of Nicaraguan villagers in our next open work trip!
- Small group (12-15 people) work experience
- Group members work alongside Nicaraguan families to build a community wash station, latrines, or fuel-efficient stoves--or plant trees in the village micro-watershed
- Trips last 1-2 weeks
- Bilingual guides accompany the group at all times
- Spanish and construction skills are NOT required
- Your travel to Nicaragua with El Porvenir is a positive way to improve the lives of Nicaraguans.
- Learn about the history and current reality in Nicaragua.
- Tour Managua as well as a weekend at the beach, in the mountains, or in Granada. You may go to a live volcano, a cloud forest, a crafts market, or a Nicaraguan concert or dance performance.
- Spend a week in a village working side by side with Nicaraguan families.
- Stay longer and study Spanish at a language school
- Meet local government leaders, teachers, and/or health workers.
- Purified water available at all times.
- Cost: $1175 Includes meals, lodging, in-country transportation, translation, health insurance, recreation, and the materials for the project you work on. (Roundtrip airfare is not included.)
- Travel insurance included. In case of an accident or illness, you will receive prompt medical attention.
- Participants under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Good health is required to participate.
Most El Porvenir worksites are small villages without electricity or running water. While you are working in the village during the day, you will use a latrine and eat simple food that is prepared for the work group’s lunch. At night, you will stay in a modest hotel in a town near the worksite village and can expect running water, indoor plumbing, electricity, a bed, and a fan in your room.
The climate is hot, the roads are dusty, and you will be doing manual labor. Transportation is in the back of a pickup truck, and medical treatment available in rural Nicaragua is not as sophisticated as in the U.S.
We promise you an unforgettable experience!